Posts : 3966
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : Metro Manila
|Subject: Premature ejaculation: when guys come sooner than later October 21st 2013, 5:39 pm|| |
Aside from erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation is another sexual problem that afflicts many guys.
Men who suffer from premature ejaculation are understandably ashamed of their condition and thus bear their embarrassment in silence.
While there are no Philippine statistics on this sexual condition, premature ejaculation is assumed to be a common sexual dysfunction among Filipino males. In fact, in my own clinical practice, a whopping 40% of male patients who consult me due to sexual problems complain of premature ejaculation.What is premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation is described as follows:
- It is ejaculation which rapidly occurs from sexual excitement despite minimal or no physical stimulation.
- It is ejaculation which occurs before sexual intercourse starts, or as soon as the penis touches the vagina, or immediately after the penis enters the vagina.
- It is ejaculation which rapidly occurs sooner than the man wishes it to happen.
- While most men will ejaculate beyond 7 minutes of vigorous vaginal thrusting or manual self-stimulation, premature ejaculators will “explode” in less than 2 minutes, and even as early as 30 seconds.
The problems it brings
Premature ejaculation is a humiliating ego-buster for many men.
- It destroys a man’s self-confidence and can later on result in erectile dysfunction.
- It robs not only the man of the pleasure of intercourse but his sexual partner as well.
- Women who want to get pregnant feel frustrated that intercourse gets interrupted even before it has begun.
- And since premature ejaculation prevents the occurrence of sexual intimacy, relationships get strained and some marriages end up permanently ruined.
When does the condition first manifest?
Uncorking too soon? Premature ejaculators first experience their dysfunction in their teenage years.
Some theorists believe that it is a learned response by young guys who engage in rushed sex acts in order to avoid being caught. Examples of “quickie” sex include sex in a movie theatre, inside a car, on the living room sofa, or while masturbating to internet porn while family members lurk nearby.
Some cases of premature ejaculation are suspected to be genetic in origin. But whatever the cause, premature ejaculators are extremely sensitive to mental and physical sexual stimulation, and get easily overwhelmed by their sexual excitement.How to treat it
Premature ejaculation is best treated by a self-training program which includes:
- Physical exercises for developing control of the sex muscles.
- Breathing and relaxation techniques to be practiced during the sex act.
- Manual techniques and sexual positions that delay the urge to ejaculate.
- Therapeutic masturbation techniques to prolong sexual stamina.
Other treatment strategies
The self-training program is enhanced by combining it with the following treatment strategies:
- Prostate electro-stimulation therapy
- Individual and couples counseling
- Ejaculation-delaying condoms and creams
Premature ejaculation is an exasperating problem which, in the long run, destroys a man’s self-esteem, sexual confidence and intimate relationships. With prompt and proper treatment, premature ejaculators can prolong their sexual stamina in the bedroom and experience satisfaction in their sex lives.Dr. Randy Dellosa, popularly known as the "celebrity shrink," is a life coach, counselor, psychotherapist, clinical psychologist, psychiatrist,physician,osteopath, clinical massage therapist,acupuncturist, qigong teacher and energy healer. To contact Doc Randy, visit his blog.